cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How do I repair a stuck valve in my sleeping pad?

Hi

While visiting USA in spring ´17, I bought a Nemo Tensor insulated sleeping pad in a Rei store in Mass.

I´ve probably used it 20+ times and now the valve has given up. It´s stuck.

It´s the best sleeping pad i´ve ever had and I´ve been scouting and hiking for 50 years.

Do you think it can be fixed?

Sincerely

Lars Pedersen

Denmark

0 Likes
2 Replies

@Pedersen Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

We're sorry to hear that the sleeping pad you know and enjoy is experiencing this issue. While it's not a simple fix, we may be able to troubleshoot a solution for you. If you could provide a little more detail as to the style of valve that would be helpful. Please take a look at these two replacement valves that we have in stock: Therm-a-Rest Valve Kit and Therm-a-Rest WingLock Repair kit. While both of these are made by Therm-a-Rest, it would be helpful to know if they are a similar style to the one you have. 

Likely, your best course of action would be to reach out to NEMO Equipment directly and ask for insight to the repair. They do offer repair services on their gear, so they may be able to take care of it for you. You can fill out and submit their repair services form here

Hopefully this helps and we can get you and your sleeping pad out on the trail for many more years to come!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

if it was me, I'd put something like olive oil around the valve and let it sit for a while, then use some needle nose pliers to gently try to pry it up on the side, using an up and slightly twisting motion.

Also, from the top side, grip the edges, and then push up from the bottom using the thumbs

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes