cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Help a student with outdoors technology project

Hi, I’m a year 12 student at Queen Elizabeth School Barnet, 

I’m currently doing a technology product, where I’m looking into the the context of the great outdoors and looking for a problem to create a product that will solve it. 

would anyone like to be my client? 

ben 

0 Likes
1 Reply

I don't know about being your "client"; that implies payment for service and a commitment to your design process. Perhaps instead you should ask people to list problems that they would like solutions to.

Here's a short list, off the top of my head:

1) When I treat water, I need to know that the water in that bottle has been treated, and how long ago (because it's not safe to drink right away).

2) When a water bottle isn't nearly full, the water makes a sloshing noise that's really annoying as I hike.

3) Trekking poles have a spike on the end. Sometimes you don't want the spike, so you put a rubber cap over it. Sometimes you want to switch back and forth frequently, but that's a nuisance. Why not have a rubber cap that lets the spike push out when you push hard, and then lets the spike retract?

4) If I'm cooking by headlamp, when I look up to talk to my wife the light blinds her. Design a shield that covers the light when I look up, but not when I look down.

See what you can come up with!

0 Likes