cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We are currently experiencing issues with logging in and staying logged in, most often with Chrome, We're sorry and are working hard on resolution.
Highlighted

Can you recommend an alternative for the TNF Stormbreak 1 tent footprint?

So I've got a lovely North Face stormbreak 1 person tent that I have so far kept in perfect condition by laying down a blue tarp as a footprint. Now I'm trying to find the brand name footprint for this tent and can't seem to find it on REI. Is there a good alternative that I can use and finally leave that heavy blue tarp at home?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted

I recommend saving a few pesos by using a piece of tyvek or painters drop plastic, cut to size.  Even a heavy duty trash bag cut down the sides and trimmed to length works great, and is much more light weight than a 'store bought' version.

good luck!

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi there @HikyMikey !

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community! We would love to help you find a solution! 

Unfortunately, you are correct, we no longer offer this tent or the footprint it pairs with. It doesn’t appear that The North Face carries this anymore either. That said, I was able to find the item at a different online retailer.

The dimensions of your tent appear to be 87”x34”...this information can be useful if you decide to go with a different footprint with similar dimensions like this one.

It sounds like you’ve done a great job so far with your tarp but I can appreciate wanting to lighten your load. Contrary to other advice you have received, we don't recommend using trash bags - they simply aren't very durable enough to protect the base of your tent against sharp objects and can easily rip, making them a less-than-ideal long-term solution.

Thanks again for reaching out to the Community and we hope this dialogue can help you make a decision going forward!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes