cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Campsite or outdoor seating - input on Yeti chairs?

Hello everyone. This is my first "Post" to this Conversation forum. I am a Sailboater Camper, Kayaker, Biker and Gardener. Well my wife and I just like doing outdoor stuff. We are looking for some quality chairs that are easy to setup take down put in the back of the truck or car and go. Just thought also like go to the beach and picnics. We won't be carrying them very far.  I am looking for some input on the Yeti Chairs, Hondo and Trailhead. We have been unable to locate them to try them out. They seem like they are really a high quality but are they really worth the extra cost? We have had cheaper versions of these style chairs and it seems that the Trailhead style is inconvenient to setup, put back in the bag and appears to have more connections for a failure. Are there any other brand chairs that can be suggested? REI does not carry Yeti Chairs but according to Yeti they could. REI would be a great place to try and buy. Yeti does have free shipping and returns so that may be a solution, however it just seems hateful to do this.

Thanks for your input!

Dave in Florida

3 Replies

Hi @MrDave - Welcome and thanks for reaching out! It sounds like you and your wife do some awesome activities in the outdoors and can find a lot of people with similar interests here in the community. 

While we do not carry the Yeti Hondo chair, we do carry the Yeti Trailhead. We hope someone here in the community will be able to weigh in with their experience, but if not, there are also a lot of reviews you can read through on the Trailhead's product page.

In regards to your concern about the setup process, one of the reviews says, "This chair meets all of my expectations. Heavy duty construction, innovative design, comfort, and it is easy to setup and take down." We also found this video comparing the Yeti Trailhead and Hondo to be quite informative and think it might address some of your questions.

If you let us know which Florida location is your local store, we can check in-store availability for you as well.

Let us know if you would like additional recommendations for sturdy camping chairs and we will be happy to share. Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@MrDave - We are going to post your response from e-mail here so others can see if they have the same questions.

Thanks. Winter Park Florida is my closest store. Last time I was there did not see it. I contacted REI via web said that it was not something that is carried, however according to you and one of the reviews it appears you do?

We're sorry about that confusion with the chair's availability. We do currently carry the Yeti Trailhead. Unfortunately, the Winter Park location does not have one in-store right now. You could place an order online and have it delivered to the store or your home, knowing that it is covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions and we'll be happy to help!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@MrDave  My family and I use Kijaro dual-lock chairs.  They've held up great, and they're super comfortable.  Very happy with Kijaro.  Check them out!

0 Likes