cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Camp Toilets

Embarrassing question:

I just learned about camp toilets.  I sure like the idea of not trecking to a bathroom in the middle of the night to pee. 

But, where does one dispose of the waste bags?

0 Likes
2 Replies

I have a camp toilet (plastic bucket and comfortable seat) with a set of waste bags that once formerly stated that they could be tossed in normal trash,  I don't believe their current products make that claim anymore but state "dispose of properly," which kind of dodges the issue.  Frankly, this makes the trek to the camp facility that much more appealing.

Still  a camp toilet is very handy.  I keep one around, especially against the day when the Big One shakes us awake, damages the plumbing, and we are on our own for a time.  I live in southern California, can't you tell......

Camp toilets are useful in other situations as well

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

I believe it depends on the bags themselves.  Is it a chemical toilet?  If there are chemicals or a gel in the bag, then it can be disposed of in regular trash I believe as it's now inert.  Otherwise, depending on where you are camping, ask where you can empty it.  There may be a designated area kind of like what an RV would use.

0 Likes