cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Best (backountry) camping site for bringing your own gear?

Currently looking into trying a new approach to camping, ususally stay at state parks, and have heard about HipCamp and Tentrr. Has anyone tried either survice? I'm cuious about which you would recommend. I usually bring one medium/standard pop-up tent, and a clip backpack along with my boyfriend's.

0 Likes
4 Replies

hey! i have used Tentrr in the Poconos. The way i used them was threw AirBnb. amazing site but primitive. Tent, table, 5 gallons of water and a portable Loo. It was amazing spent 4 nights there. Let me know if you have any more specific questions 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0a7YSWHGwv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

0 Likes

Oh wow, what amazing pictures! The grill does look a bit primitive. Would you say for the price paid you were happy with the accomodations? Looking to book on the East Coast as well this month. 

0 Likes

I was very happy with the price, these days it’s hard to find a quiet campground on the east coast. I would go back too

0 Likes

Just went on my first stay this past weekend! Settled on Morning rise in NY. Was happy to know what was included from your answer, we just stayed 2 nights. I got 15 off with this code tentrr15, figured it could help you out if you're planning on going again 🙂