cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Best 6 Person Camping Tent?

Hello Fellow Campers,

I am in search of a new tent which can withstand semi harsh conditions like wind and rain, I had an old Walmart Coleman tent which got a whole in the rainfly and can't really hold up against rain <content removed by moderator>. So I am looking for a good tent that would not fail on me. My price range is from $0.01 to about $550, don't want to go higher than $500 because It just feels dumb to spend so much money in a place I only sleep in. So far I found some interesting options on rei.com.  Base Camp 6, Marmot Limestone 6P, and North Face Wawona 6p. I find that the base camp 6 is the best of what I prefer out of these because of the MASSIVE vestibule and the side rib poles, but the reviews on that aren't the best do... A lot of quality control issues. I also don't care on which site the tent is sold I just want a good solid tent. If I don't find anything I'll come to the conclusion of getting a patch for my Coleman LOL. All responses appreciated!  

0 Likes
2 Replies

I have used a really cheap 6 person tent many times.  So, I don't know that I could give you a good opinion.  Of course any review or comment would be an opinion.  Have you checked out sites like Outdoor Gear Lab (OutdoorGearLab | The World's Best Outdoor Product Reviews).  You may also find reviews under other sections here on REI or the REI Youtube channel.

Enjoy

JohnL

I've had great success with my REI Kingdom 8.  I know these tents are available in a 6P and 4P size as well.  Check them out.

0 Likes