cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Anyone have experience with The North Face Sequoia 4 tent?

Anybody know anything about The North Face Sequoia 4? Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies

@Tennesseebob 

Thanks for reaching out!

While I haven't ever used The North Face Sequoia 4 tent, I have set several up in the store when working with customers so I am pretty familiar with them. It's a good tent, with lots of room and a really big front door that makes it easy to enter and exit. 

Given your other post about a tent for pretty heavy duty weather, there are a few considerations with this tent:

• It's rainfly is not full-coverage. It covers to top part of the tent. If you look at photos of the back of the tent you can see that while you can full close the back door it is not covered by the rain fly. If you are facing consistent heavy rain that would be something I would think about.
  • Additionally, if you are expecting high winds any tent that stands high is going to be more susceptible to being affected by the wind. This tent is over 6' tall, so you'll want to be very thoughtful about how you pitch it and the use of guy-lines a swell.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@Tennesseebob 

Thanks for the response via email! We're going to post it here (and respond) in the hopes that others might benefit from the insight shared:

Thanks so much for your reply. I’m always cognizant of Florida’s afternoon thunderstorms. Any recommendations? I’m 6’3.

If you like the style of the Sequoia 4, you could take a look at The North Face Kaiju 4 tent. It has the full-coverage rain fly that I mentioned. While it has a peak height of 68", one reviewer says their husband enjoys it and he is 6'2". They also mentioned that it withstood high winds and rains while they were camping in Hawaii!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes