cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

anyone have an REI Alcove Shelter to sell?

Hello,

Once upon a time I had a REI Alcove shelter along with the optional sides.  I hike a lot in NH, and typically drive up the night before and car camp.  Hike the next day and head home.  The shelter was perfect in case of rainy weather as I could set it up, and then set up the tent under it if needed, avoiding pouring rain through the mesh of the tent.  I could pop the tent entrance into one end and it provided a covered outdoor area as well.  Unfortunately, I think someone stole it out of my garage (odd because I have much more expensive stuff on the same shelf) and now I find REI no longer produces the product.   If anyone out there has one they don't use I would love to buy it!

Ken Williams - <e-mail removed by moderator>

15 Replies

We had our Alcove stolen from our unattended campsite this last weekend. We use it a lot and loved it and would like to see if @Gretchen99 still has one for sale.

Could we get DM access so that we could check in with her? Thanks.

Geoff

0 Likes

Hi @Gscotton - Thanks for reaching out, though we're sorry to hear your Alcove was stolen. 

You should have access to direct messaging now. Let us know if you have any additional questions and we'll be happy to help!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hi Gretchen,

I would love to buy one of yours if available.  Do you also have the sides?  Cost?  I can pay via Venmo or PayPal - whichever you prefer.  Sorry for the slow response.  I just got an email from REI today telling me of a response.

Ken

0 Likes

Hi Gretchen,

Please let me know if you're still interested in selling one of your Alcoves!

If so, we can work out the payment/shipping details.   I'm in MA.

Ken Williams

0 Likes

I hadn't wanted to speak for Gretchen but if she's not getting these alerts let me say I recently bought these from her. Sorry! But also...not sorry. I hope you're able to find your replacements. 

Thanks for the update.   Glad I started this thread...