cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: anyone have an REI Alcove Shelter to sell?

Hello,

Once upon a time I had a REI Alcove shelter along with the optional sides.  I hike a lot in NH, and typically drive up the night before and car camp.  Hike the next day and head home.  The shelter was perfect in case of rainy weather as I could set it up, and then set up the tent under it if needed, avoiding pouring rain through the mesh of the tent.  I could pop the tent entrance into one end and it provided a covered outdoor area as well.  Unfortunately, I think someone stole it out of my garage (odd because I have much more expensive stuff on the same shelf) and now I find REI no longer produces the product.   If anyone out there has one they don't use I would love to buy it!

Ken Williams - <e-mail removed by moderator>

3 Replies

Hi @kwillz - Thanks for reaching out, though we're sorry to hear it's because you no longer have your Alcove Shelter.

You will see that we removed your e-mail address from your post to protect your privacy. If someone in this community has one to sell, we suggest connecting with them over direct message. 

Best of luck! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Ok, sorry.   I'll remember about using DM in the future.   Does REI sell anything like that Alcove Shelter anymore.  It was really great for a night-before-hiking car camp, especially if it was rainy.  I still can't believe that someone took it.  There were more expensive tents, packs, and sleeping bags right there and a $5k Santa Cruz mountain bike hanging on the wall!

0 Likes

@kwillz we're so sorry to hear someone stole your Alcove...ugh.

Although we don't carry the REI Alcove, we have a few other options you might consider:

A slightly different approach would be the REI Co-op Screen House Shelter, which is more fully enclosed than the Caddis and Alcove models - this is a great option for hanging out and avoiding tons of bugs!

Finally, we pulled a quick search of shelters, where you might find something else you like!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes