cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Where to run in Boston? Where to go trailrunning in Boston?

Hi. I am starting to get back into running after not doing so for a few years consistently. I recently moved to the Boston area and am looking for routes or sports that are good. I have noticed that there are a ton of runners in Boston, especially by the stretch next to the Charles River? Does anyone have any good routes or spots to run in  Boston in general? 

And I used to go trailrunning in the past. I prefer it over pavement. Any places for this in the city or in the area? Thanks guys. 

Two dozen worms... any hooks? Two dozen worms... Any hooks? Any hooks?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies

So glad you asked, our local Boston team has plenty of resources for you!

Here are a number of routes around Boston that we discussed at a recent virtual event.

Our next running virtual event in on June 2nd, celebrating Global Running Day in Boston. We’ll be sure to discuss places to run as well as tips & techniques to get you back into the running mindset.

For trail running, definitely check out the Blue Hills. Plenty of routes with varying elevations.

Keep an eye out for more from us, we’ve got some fun events up our sleeve as we’ve recently partnered with the Boston 10K for Women

Have fun out there!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thanks for this. I've hiked the Blue Hills a few times and I usually take the Skyline trail. It is a difficult hike at some points and I know for sure I wouldn't be able to tarilrun that route. I would definitely twist an ankle. I do pass by some flat paths on the trail. Where is there running that is safe in the Blue Hills?

Two dozen worms... any hooks? Two dozen worms... Any hooks? Any hooks?
0 Likes