cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Show us your bikepacking rig!

There are two seasons of the year: 1) bikepacking season and 2) bikepacking planning season. A corollary being that it is always time to be thinking about your bike and the trail. So let's see your bikepacking rigs and how you have them set up! 

bikepackingrig.jpg

Pardon my rudimentary 'editing' skills on this photo (sorry @REI-CarterC!) but I'm particularly interested in how you all pack your bike for the most effective weight dispersement, balance, and maximum carrying capacity. I am dreaming of some longer rides but am struggling to know where I would put all the food needed to sustain trips longer than a few nights. I'm not opposed to also carrying a pack on my back, however, I currently have my system dialed to either not needing one or using my sweet fanny pack.

Let's see some bikes!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
22 Replies

@braeis 

That's a great looking bike! It sounds like a really fun trip. I have yet to weigh my bike, or my kit, so I'm pretty curious how heavy it all will be. Given that it's a fat tire bike it doesn't feel all that heavy when I'm riding, but that is likely because of the size of the tires and that nothing happens very fast on a fat tire bike.

How close is Ithaca to you @HankG? I know you're looking for a solid introductory ride to bikepacking, this route (or parts of it) might be worth checking out!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hi John thanks for thinking of me.  Ithaca and Watkins Glen are about 3-3 1/2 h from me not bad and I’ll live the finger lakes But I’ve run into some health issues lately that are really taking up my attention though I’m still getting to ride a bit on trails with friends and still look forward to doing as much as I can keep me posted!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

Salsa Fargo in Northern Arizona.Salsa Fargo in Northern Arizona.

My Salsa Fargo setup on a loop in Northern Arizona.