cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Olympic Peninsula Bikepacking

First off, why is there not a bikepacking section? 😄

anyways, heading out tomorrow morning 5/7 for my Olympic Peninsula bikepacking trip. Leaving from Bothell, Edmonds-Kingston ferry, up to Port Townsend and final destination to Port Angeles. 2-day trip, 175 miles. 

Any stop/feature/travel recommendations?

Any bikepacking tidbits to recommend before we launch?

thanks all, happy riding. 

2 Replies

@Neverprojoe 

Have an awesome ride! Have you heard of the Olympic Adventure Route? It's on my list for this year for sure. 

I don't have any last minute tips or tricks other than to take lots of pictures and enjoy yourselves!

Please come back here and share how your trip went!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thanks John J. Trip was amazing. Got rained on in the very beginning from Edmonds up to about past the hood canal bridge but dried off by the time we hit Port Townsend. 

I really wish the Olympic Adventure/Discovery Trail connected the whole length from Kingston to the Pacific but it's still really awesome to catch the sections. 

2 punctures, a sharp rock and a piece of wire, between three riders running GP5000's. Thinking about switching over to Gatorskin Hardshells for these longer trips. I've been puncture prone lately but slowly working out the issues. 

Happy Trails my friends.