cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Looking for information on the Empire State Trail NY.

Hola! I am planning a bike packing trip on the Empire State Trail. Only information I have found is the official NY site. No much of feedback from others in Google searches. Looking for advise.

Me and two friend plant to start at Rouses Point and bike to NYC in September 2021. We have done the C & O Canal. 

Any advise is Welcome. Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies

Hola @Cobito1 - Thanks for reaching out! It's great to hear you and your friends are planning to bikepack a portion of the Empire State Trail. 

While I haven't done the trail myself, I have seen a post about it on Bikepacking.com that I wanted to pass along. Hopefully some of the information and comments there are helpful while planning your trip!

If you're keen to share, it would be great to hear how the trip goes once you're back. I'm just getting into bikepacking up in Vermont and I know others in this group are also always happy to hear about other folks' ventures. Best of luck!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Completed the bike ride of the Empire State Trail. It was a grate ride. We bike north to south. Started at Rouses Point and 9 days later arrive to NYC.Map Trail.jpgNYC Empre State Trail Map.jpgNYC Trail.jpg