cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: REI Emergency Preparedness Essentials III: Hunkering Down

Hi Bay Area! Thanks for joining us for REI's Emergency Preparedness Essentials Session III: Hunkering Down. 

There are always lots of questions during our virtual events, so if we didn't have a chance to answer your question during Session III, please feel free to share it here. We'll work on getting you some answers! 

You can also check out our Emergency Preparedness Resource Hub here, where your question (and maybe even some questions you didn't know you had!) may already be answered. 

If you missed any of our three Emergency Preparedness sessions, you're in luck! We are offering all three sessions again in October. You can sign up and see all future dates at the Resource Hub link above.

Thanks again for joining us. Enjoy your weekend! 
At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes
4 Replies

@REI-MichelleP Hello, I went to the September series of classes which I thought were very good.

At one of the classes, links for suggested to-go bags for different situations (e.g. work, car, commuting, etc.) was displayed.  I haven't been able to find the links on the REI Website or elsewhere.  Can I please get a copy of those links or the suggested items for the various situations?  Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi @BHopeful2!

There were a few resources shared in Session II: Gearing Up. I'll list them here!

Our Emergency Prep Shopping List is a great guide as you prepare your go-bags. It will cover all the major categories you need to think about: power, first aid, shelter, and more.

Our Session II Resource Sheet includes some of David's favorite additions, as well as some incredibly helpful links that will help you plan for kids, pets, and older family members. 

REI's Expert Advice article on "The Ten Essentials" is a comprehesive dive into all the essential emergency items you should think about for any situation (whether you're heading out on a day hike or preparing your go-bag for an emergency).

Those should help! And there are more great resources at our Emergency Prep Resource Hub, including the Resource Sheets from our other sessions and links to other great Expert Advice articles. 

Thanks for joining us for these sessions! Let me know if you have any other questions.

0 Likes

Can you recommend a water container that can withstand the heat inside a car? 

0 Likes

Hi @adventure735! Thanks for joining us yesterday!

Great question. This seven-gallon Reliance Aqua-Tainer is the one that David uses and should do a great job holding up to high temps -- he uses it year round in California! 

There's other great info about water-related gear on our emergency preparedness Shopping List, under the Water section, if you'd like to check that out as well.

Thanks again for joining us and let us know if you have any other questions!

0 Likes