cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

What is the best packable shirt?

Hi. Can anyone recommend the best packable shirt? I heard there are some nice, durable shirts that pack into the size of a large plum and is very lightweight. I'd like to get one as an emergency clothing item. Appreciate your suggestions!

10 Replies

"Best" is going to depend on what you want to use the shirt for when you unpack it.

I don't know any plumb sized packed shirts and I am doubtful they are that durable or comfortable.

Personally, for backpacking I like long sleeve Columbia Silver Ridge shirts which are traditional buttoned and collared shirts with a number of features useful for adjusting for hiking. They are polyester so dry fast and have good sun, wind and bug protection. Mine rolls up to just over 1/2 liter or US quart. That's not tiny but it is a very flexible piece of active attire.  However I pretty much wear it all the time while I'm out there and don't pack it.  A patagonia capilene T shirt which I also use, rolls up to about half of that.