cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: The Meaning of Life Is Knowing That ONE THING...(which REI could do better)

(City Slickers)

In one word,

Speed Up Shipping!

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes
3 Replies

@Philreedshikes tell us more...curious if you're concerned about some shipping delays we're experiencing over these last 2 weeks, or in "normal" times?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@REI-JenK, now this is only my opinion, but in a perfect world, I'd like to receive any order, by the next day....but since that's not going to happen, I think 3-5 days - normal shipping, should be the standard.

I believe, that REI has gotten down to 7-10 days, even 6-8 days of shipping time, but these days, in a world of instant gratification, even 5 days is on the outside of expectations.

Just my opinion, don't anyone get mad at me.

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes

@Philreedshikes we won't get mad at you; we appreciate the feedback! Back when we were running off just 1 distribution center in Sumner, WA, our shipping timelines were easily 2 weeks. Over the years, we have added 2 distribution centers in PA and AZ and also use our stores (in normal times) to fulfill orders, which has significantly shortened delivery windows. With that said, there's always room to move faster!

As a small anecdote...I ordered a tent as a gift for a friend on Sunday morning to help her entertain her small kiddos with the current "stay at home" mandates; she called me last night (Tuesday) to tell me the tent had arrived!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.