cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Thank you, REI!

Super excited and it couldn’t have happened without REI!

I needed a backpack and was hoping to spend around $200...

I noticed that last year’s model of the Gregory Baltaro 65 was on sale for $224 from the regular $300. But today was the last day of the EXTRA25 discount l, which took it down to $168. I was still struggling with whether or not I should get it but then... my $100 gift certificate from using my new REI MasterCard arrived in the mail today. 

Yup, I got the Gregory Baltaro 65 for a price of $68 (plus tax)

I couldn’t be more excited - thanks REI!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)
Labels (1)
8 Replies

Nice!

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes

Nice @Dad_Aint_Hip! That sounds like a big win. Are you already planning some trips that necessitate the pack?

From what you've told us previously, I'm guessing the Baltaro will have to wait a few months so it doesn't have to experience... Illinois in winter!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

@REI-CarterC  Wait, what? I'm expected to actually use it? I was just going to fill it with old clothes and keep it in the back seat of my car so people thought I was outdoorsy!  🤣

There are three I am hoping to hit next year - Loyalsock in PA, Knobstone in IN, and the thread about hiking in KY got me thinking about spending time in Daniel Boone National Forest for a few days.

And you're absolutely right, the next couple months will be spent inside, practicing how to pack it. Day hikes are fine but I am not a snow-and-cold kinda overnighter.

“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

A really fine pack like that (and doubtless its proud owner) deserve to see the wonderful trails that beckon in the American West - New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, California, etc.

Can you tell I am a wee bit provincial?

@hikermor  My wife's dad and step-mom live in Denver so, yeah, if we're able to travel to see them by Summer, it will definitely see some sections of the CT. Otherwise, it will have to wait until 2022 😞

But both the Southwest and PNW are high on my list of places. Since this will be my first year back in the sport, I'm looking for relatively simple (but not necessarily easy) trips to start with in 2021. Plus, I don't want to leave my wife to look after our two kids for extended periods of time (due to a hip replacement and a refusal to sleep on the ground, she won't be coming with me).

Lots of great trips available.  One my favs, especially because there is relatively available water, is the Gila Wilderness of southern New Mexico.

@Dad_Aint_Hip  Southern Illinois is not bad in winter... well, mostly muddy, if you're lucky maybe a half inch of snow. Winter isn't horrible here if you get away from the north end and get to the sensible end of the state LOL. I still wish they'd divide the state up, but that's a political story and doesn't belong here.

I am long overdue for a trip down south to “the pretty part” of the state. May just find myself there in 2021.