cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Sweating in a down sleeping bag?

First off, sorry for the TMI. 😬
I often sweat a fair bit while sleeping, even when not too warm. Sometimes not too much, but sometimes enough that sheets are wet enough to get a few drops out if I wring them.

My old synthetic bag has seen better days and I'm planning to replace it this year and was considering spending the extra for down after seeing the weight and size difference.

My questions is, if I go with down and sweat in the bag, is that moisture going to kill the loft and render the bag worthless for the night?

Thinking I might need to stay with synthetic but I'm hopeful for down and figured I'd ask.

Thanks!

0 Likes
11 Replies

Thanks fo all the suggestions.

I think I'll probably stay synthetic for now and add a down bag later when I can afford a second and then have options. It's no fun having to try and pull off a one size fits all item, is it?

I think liners, as suggested by a few of you, will help both make a single bag work in a wider range and help address the moisture in the bag, so thanks!

@aarond wrote:

I think liners...

IOW think layers 😉

...Wanderer

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.