cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Played hooky from work and grabbed some miles

Played hooky from work today and snuck off to the mountains to get some miles. It was a little chilly and wet but definitely did not disappoint. You'd be hard pressed to convince me that there's any better way to clear your head.

I was walking along and it hit me that it was quiet. Not regular quiet but *really* quiet. I'm convinced that that trail is magic.

PXL_20210212_185353120.jpg

PXL_20210212_180856133.jpg

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
5 Replies

@nathanu 

I am really enjoying your trail reports and appreciation for getting outside. You are an inspiration!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Great photos. We love hiking when it is cold. We always say better to hike in the cold, as you can put more clothes on to stay warm.

0 Likes

This turned out to be an amazing little day trip.  I met a thru hiker who had just started his journey and spent about 30 minutes at the summit just chatting with him.  The picture of the clouds ended up being the jewel of the day though.  There was fog / low cloud up to about 2,000ft and then an opening between that and about 3,000ft.  The "pocket" innthe middle is what you see in the picture with the mountains "sliding" betwen them.  

0 Likes

PXL_20210212_201256162.jpg

Hi @nathanu!

Great pics!  I am especially partial to the waterfall.  Like @REI-JohnJ , I think you've inspired me.  I usually do a 5-10 mile hike every weekend, but I may have to start a tradition of having a "hook day" from work now and again.  Seems like the perfect way to clear your mind and refocus.