cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Ok, new one! What are your favorite Tarp pitches?

I had an absolute RIOT with the last question I posted about your favorite knots. Now let's give this one a try! Since we all have our own favorite knots, I'd like to know what is your favorite Tarp pitch! Now the twist..... Tell us your pitch, but than tell us HOW YOU DO IT!!! Nothing detailed unless you feel inclined. And if your really ambitious include a photo! Who's up for this one. I'll post the question and be back in a bit to post instructions and a pic. Have fun folks! I'm looking forward to this one too!

16 Replies

Now I'm curious about these, but I need some photos to figure out what's being constructed.

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes

To which one's Phillreedshikes?

0 Likes

all of them would be nice, and I must say, that some of descriptions are hard to visualize.

0 Likes

@Philreedshikes Does this help? I'll look closer for the inside picture of this one if it helps.
Tent w/Floor

Tim_DeBoer_3-1635704010088.png

0 Likes

Here's the inside

Tim_DeBoer_1-1635704903290.png

0 Likes

@Tim_DeBoer This is from a single flat tarp? Interesting. What are the dimensions and How much does it weigh ?

0 Likes

This is put up using a single 10x10 tarp and my tarp weighs in at 2.75 lbs. I don't know the inside dimensions but I've 5' 8' and have plenty of room for myself and gear and long as my little 4 legged beast. You have to set it up with the back into the wind and preferably with the door facing as much away from the wind too. Set up properly this bugger is darn near water & wind proof. And if you practice it a few times you can have it up and running in 5 minutes.

You can gain a bit more inside room by attaching a line to the ridge and lifting it up. Added bonus, if it's windy it will cut down on the noise! This one is my ALL TIME FAVORITE! 

FYI here's a link to my favorite tarp. He doesn't have a lot of gear but what he does have is beyond TOP SHELF!!
https://www.arcadiagear.com/store/p1/The_Mongrel_EDT.html