cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Membership now as great as the outdoors!
Already a member? Take a look at the Co-op Members section of the community.
Ready to join? Explore all of the benefits here.

Need Add’l ASAP for John Muir Permit

Hello!

Posting this for my dad. My dad and his friends are doing the John Muir trail in a little over a week, June 26th, and they need 1-2 additional trekking buddies.

Folks are

My dad, 74yo, M- entire trek

bob, 65yo, M- entire trek

Martin, 74yo, M- first week of trek

Oliver, 34yo, M- first week of trek

All the folks going are welcoming and inclusive of all people. My dad is an old hippie, a former criminal defense lawyer, has traveled the world and back and is one of the most lovely and fascinating people I know. Lots of stories about treks and other lived experiences to share! 

Can join at one of two spots:

Start at Rush Creek Trail head, 4 miles away from June Lake 
June 25th/26th.

OR

Meet at Mammoth for second half of trip after they do the June Lake loop. June 1st or 2nd for second part of the trip.

Trip will end at mount Whitney. Tentative end date July 20th, give or take some days.

They plan on hiking 10 miles a day on average so for a beginner it might be tough, for someone more experienced it’s pretty straightforward and low key. At least two nights will be rest nights with a cooked meal. First rest night 13 days in or so at Vermillion Valley Resort. Second rest day, TBD.

Have to have done at least two week trek trips or are in really good shape.

If you’re interested in joining, reply to my post and we’ll coordinate a way to connect/connect with my dad.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
0 Replies