cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Morning Coffee Your Style

How do you take it?

Vestibule? Near the campfire? In your chair?

How do you make it?

Instant? Press? Drip?

I get fully dressed, put on my puffy jacket, boil some water, and then enjoy some instant coffee in my Chair Zero while I enjoy the scenery.

5 Replies

4 Seasons of starting the day while camping, especially while cross country skiing snow camping.

Staying in my sleeping bag, unzip the screened door of the tent, fire up the MSR Whisperlite Stove within arm’s reach outside of the tent door, boil the water, pour the boiling water into my Starbucks 1 Serving Drip Coffee Maker, filled with pre-ground Jose’s Mayan Blend Organic Medium Dark Roast Coffee, post add a small amount of Evaporated Dry Milk, and enjoy the view of the Great Outdoors, from inside my sleeping bag and tent. 

Bedtime Treat: Same as above, but change out the Evaporated Dry Milk for Swiss Miss Dark Hot Chocolate.

6D872C52-9EF1-4914-8298-02CD68753586.jpeg

Seriously. I take my coffee very seriously. 🤣

When I go backpacking, I bring my GSI Ultralight Java Drip and freshly ground beans. Makes surprisingly decent coffee. 

Car camping or day hiking, I bring my Aeropress from home. 

This is an old picture (I’ve replaced both the pot and mug) but it’s the Java Drip. 

B3353E73-20CC-4CE9-821B-76D6A63C52EB.jpeg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

at home - one cup French press; outside - instant Via

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

I guess we need a chat board just for coffee, and maybe dutch oven or camp oven cooking...gevalia dark french roast, on the trail...sadly, just via.

pics are from about 9 yrs ago, lordy

DSC03908.JPGDSC03918.JPGDSC04028.JPGDSC04086.JPGDSC04147.JPG

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes

“All trails and tales of the wild lead to nourishing food and beverage for the mind, body and soul.”

MLB

0 Likes