cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Looking for daypack options and advice!

Hi All! I need a new daypack and want a 20-30L that's reservoir-compatible, has a few extra pockets for snack-holding/easy organization, and can fit underneath the seat in front of me on an airplane with a little smushing. I'm currently torn between the Osprey Daylite Plus and the REI Trail 25 Pack and would love to hear from anyone who has used either - tell me what you love and what annoys about the pack! And of course if you have a pack you love with similar specs that I'm overlooking, I'd love to hear about it too. Thanks in advance! 

0 Likes
10 Replies

Our family have been hiking for years and have gone through many brands of back backs. Our absolute favourite are the Ospreys. We have a collection of about a dozen packs; summer/winter, small/large, ski/hike.

My personal favourite is the osprey Manta 28 AG for summer day hikes. The number one outstanding feature is the belt; you need to try it to understand how comfortable a pack can be. I believe the 38L is not made any more.

Second choice is the Osprey Stratos. A solid pack with good back ventilation. They are very durable. We have two Stratos packs that have been used daily for school and hiking and still are like new.