cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
REI is actively reviewing its policies and procedures per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's new guidance for COVID-19.
As we have since the start of the pandemic, we’ll continue to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.

Looking for a 10'x10' tyvek

Hey everybody!

I want to make a tent footprint and a rainfly out of tyvek, so I need about 10 foot by 10 foot sheet. But the only tyvek I can find is in home depot aand they sell a whopping 9'x150' roll. Does anybody know where to get a smaller size? (the 9 foot dimension is fine by me, I don't want 150')

0 Likes
9 Replies

@us  Thanks for reaching out!

I did a quick google search and it appears as though there are a lot of sizing options for pieces of Tyvek available to purchase from Amazon. Some of them even come with grommets or kits to add your own.

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

I believe there are some sellers on ebay with small pieces too.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

@us :

Agreed with @REI-JohnJ.  This is what I did, although I didn't find an option for grommets...had to go buy those at Hobby Lobby.  Amazon is the quickest and easiest way to go for a custom dimension Tyvek.  Granted, their may be some cheaper options out there, such as eBay, but I'd vote on the convenience for this solution.

0 Likes

@us If you're anywhere near North Georgia and want to pick it up, I'll give you some.  I asked the same question a while back and a guy had built a house and had some extra that he didn't know what to do with, he was happy to give it away.  I have what I need and would be happy to pay it forward.

@nathanu  Thank you so much! I'm in Florida and I be driving up soon anyway in about 2 weeks. Can I pick it up then? 

@us Yes.  I have a shop about 5 minutes off of I-75 in Cartersville.  Just give me a day's notice so I can bring it with me and you're welcome to it.

One thing hit me, it's a 9' roll.  If you can connect it, you're welcome to get enough to connect it together.  

@nathanu sent you a dm. Yeah the 9 ft length works just fine

I stopped at a residential building site, introduced myself to the contractor, and asked for a scrap the size I needed. 

I hear that works very well 🙂

0 Likes