cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

I Can't Wait to Try _________

With the member's 20% coupons starting today, I thought I'd throw this out here - have you added any new gear that you're really excited to get out on trail and use for the first time? Gear that you either bought with this year's coupon and/or reward or even just over the Winter...

I have two items:

• As I mentioned in another post, I ended up replacing my BRS stove with the Soto Windmaster. I did fire it up in my kitchen to play (oops, again, I mean "scientifically test") with. It will be great to boil water really fast or smelting metal should I decide to pack a portable foundry. I mean, this thing has a crazy flame!
  • With my coupon and reward, the first thing I did this morning was to get the new Half Dome SL2+ tent. Can't wait to set that up and spend a couple nights in my backyard to test it out.

Anyone else have new gear they're eager to get out there and use?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
7 Replies

I set my coupon+reward to work on a Helinox Lite Cot, get that little bit of elevation off of any bumpy rooty ground you can feel through the tent floor, without as much bulk as an air mattress. Might get some work in home too when I need to vacate the bed from my snoring partner!! 😂

A

@TomV Nice!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

0 Likes

@Dad_Aint_Hip - This question is too good to pass up! 

I bought a Co-op Cycles ADV 2.3 this winter and am really looking forward to getting out on some longer rides sooner than later. I know its not backpacking, but it will be vital in some bikepacking plans so I figured it's close enough! 

So far I have taken it on a few rips around the neighborhood, but I haven't gotten out onto the gravel it was made for yet. Right now I'm stuck in the middle ground of wanting one more huge winter storm so spring skiing can be top-notch, while also getting excited about my bike and the (warm) rides soon to come!

I love these questions you post. Thanks for making such fun conversation here in the community!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Good question @Dad_Aint_Hip !

I haven't used my coupon yet, but have a few ideas.  I really don't need any new gear, per se.  I am excited and looking forward to the longer days and warmer climes of spring though.  I have some new hiking shorts (Outdoor Research Ferrosi and Patagonia Quandary) and a pair of Salomon X Ultra 3 boots from the Good & Used site that I got on sale during the winter off-season that I just can't wait to try out.

Also, my daughter has recently gotten into bouldering and is encouraging me to try it out, so that's on my list as well.

I bought Chacos, two pairs! I can't wait to use them this spring/summer! 

I bought my hammock years ago, but I cant wait to get it out by the campfire with some friends 🙂 

Chacos are the best!  I used to be a Teva guy, but I converted a few years ago.  Enjoy!

I have already used my coupon today on a new pair of Hoka Stinson ATR 6 trail shoes.  Love the way these things feel on my feet and can’t wait to hit the trail!  Been looking at these for awhile and the coupon put me over the top.