cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Have experience with Sea to Summit Etherlight XT Extreme?

I purchased the large Sea to Summit Etherlight XT Extreme sleeping pad this year and it is rated at R6.2 but during a recent shakedown hike at Doughton State Park in NC it did not seem warm at all and that was at 40 degrees.  Anyone experience the same with this product?  Thanks 

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes
4 Replies

I have the Regular (non-extreme) Etherlight XT insulated, size long & wide.  I'm a side-sleeper, and I've been very happy with it!   Kept me warm so far on my trips.  If you're cold with the "extreme" version, you might want to re-examine what you have on top of you.  Also, maybe additional sleep clothing might be in order.  They're all supposed to work together for a warm night's sleep.  Best of luck!

0 Likes

I have a Katabatic Sawatch that will take you down to around zero since I added two extra 🙂  at 38 i'm cooking on top and cold on the bottom.  The Sawatch was purchased since I had planned retirement this month and begin the AT in February but our HR messed it up and now its a summer SOBO. I've picked up an Enlighted Equipment 40 degree quilt to address timeframe shift and yes the pad is comfortable, just not  warm....

0 Likes

No but it is generally well reviewed...eg:

https://sectionhiker.com/sea-to-summit-etherlight-xt-extreme-sleeping-pad-review/

I guess the question is..."did not seem warm at all" compared to what?  

0 Likes

I would put it just above a closed cell foam pad....Not a R6.2 4 season product...Thanks for the input....i'll just keep it for 3 season and pick up a new Nemo Alpine for winter...That is WARM...:) 

0 Likes