cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Gas leakage MSR Pocketrocket 2 Stove / Canister

Hi.  I just bought a Pocket Rocket 2 and a MSR 4oz gas canister.  I just tested it out before going to Glacier National Park next week.  When I attached and detached the canister a couple of times there was some gas leakage each time (while I was screwing the canister on and unscrewing it).  I live at 4,000 feet.  Is this normal?

0 Likes
13 Replies

I am perplexed. As mentioned earlier, either a stove or a cannister issue. Try another cannister, and if the problem persists, I think it would be the stove. Also, make sure the stove is in the "off" position when attaching it to the cannister. It is possible that the stove was in the "on" and even full blast positions so fuel went where it was supposed to, out through the nozzle. 

aka "Boonerelli"

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

I had the exact same problem! Luckily had a backup canister, but was scared to light it as gas had gotten all over the stove.

0 Likes

Was the valve open? If that is the case, close it. If you connect a open pipe to a pressurized container, you will get something moving through. Most likely the white is the frozen condensation from the pressurized gas.

Either you have a stuck open valve, or you screwed an open stove to a pressurized canister. That is the only way you will get gas through the stove top.

0 Likes

Sounds like an issue with the stove, send it back and get a replacement.

0 Likes