cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

EU Woman's Boot Sizing Conversion-La Sportiva Ultra Raptor

For those of you have experienced La Sportiva woman's hiking boots, please tell me about your experience in sizing and comfort. Do they run smaller, narrow, or true to size? I want to make sure to order the right size for my 7M foot wearing heavy weight hiking socks with sock liners. La Sportiva EU converstion chart seems to be much different than others I have seen online, than they say to add 1/2 size to your shoe size, which tells me they may run smaller. The Solomon Ultra GTX gave me bad heel blisters last hike. Having a hell of a time trying to find a good comfortable boot that doesn't cost $250+ Anyone have rubbing or blister issues? Was there enough arch support/cushioning for those carrying heavy packs (35-40 lbs)? Good on rough rocky terrain? Thanks for any advice, stories or experiences you may share on this!

39deffe1-8baf-45a6-8a48-1bf8b63cd97f.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hi there @IDmountainmama!  I bought these boots months ago, and I have to say they have been my favorite in a long time!!    Absolutely no blisters, no pain, smart details.  I did start with small hikes to break them in, but they felt great from day 1, and never suffered any issue with them. 

La sportiva (as many EU shoes) are a bit narrower than US brands.  However I have seen that it does depend on the shoe you try on.  Eg,I use la sportiva climbing shoes and these hiking boots, but couldn´t buy the trail running shoes they have in REI because of being too narrow for my heel.   For these boots I went for half size up, and it´s perfect. 

I have tried them in muddy trails and rocky trails, and they felt solid.    I haven´t give them a try with heavy backpacks yet, but they should be fine.  I used to have Asolo mid mountaineer hiking boots, and they were awesome for backpacking and rocky terrain.  But they were stiffer, and quite more expensive.   So if you are tight on the budget, these La Sportiva may be worth a try. 

Good luck!

Claudia

Thanks so much for all your information! It help a lot.

0 Likes