cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: DWR treatment recommendations

Do you know of any DWR products that work well and last?  I used Nikwax Tech Wash and TX. Direct to retreat my Marmot Precip rain gear and followed the directions exactly.  Even after the initial treatment, I found areas that were wetting out even though I thoroughly covered both the jacket and pants.  I re-wet both and retreated.  The DWR finish was OK for a short time, but the set started wetting out again in just a couple of short trips.  There's got to be something that works better.  If not, I might as well purchase new raingear each time the finish fails.  

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hi @og22 - Thanks for reaching out! If Nikwax Tech Wash and TX hasn't worked for you, we would suggest trying Granger's Clothing Wash and Repel. As you know, the instructions on how to apply the product are very important and you will find them in a video on that linked page. 

You may also want to look at this Expert Advice article titled DWR Coating: Application, Cleaning & Care. There you will find lots of information on keeping your rainwear in good working shape and why newer rainwear usually needs to be cared for more often. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions and we'll be happy to help! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thanks.  I'll check the suggestions out.  Thanks.