cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Colorado Trail Section Hike - supply points? water sources?

Looking to do a section hike(sections 6 and 7)on Colorado Trail.  Driving to Copper Mountain, staying a night at hotel and getting a lift to Kenosha Point.  Will hike back to Copper Mountain.  Planning on 5 days on trail.  Any thoughts on supplies on this short trip(any spots to pick up extra food or supplies)and water sources along these sections?  Trying to travel as light as possible....no surprise!

0 Likes
2 Replies

While I can't answer your question specifically, I've only done segments 1-5, J can recommend if you don't already have it, getting the Guthook app. It shows you all the water sources and possible resupply points. It's an awesome app and we'll worth the small price.

"The mountains whisper for me to wander; my soul hikes to the call." - Angie Weiland-Crosby
0 Likes

I agree with @spotter that Guthook is the way to go.

I think you will have a difficult time hitching from Copper Mountain to Kenosha Pass.  That is not a combination of roads that people typically put together.  You’ll probably end up needing a minimum of two, maybe three rides.

The only logical resupply is Breckenridge, CT mile 103.7.  It’s about a 5 mile hitch from the trail.  There are no other significant roads crossed.

Good luck!  It’s a beautiful section and should be a great hike.  Let us know how it goes.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes