cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Backcountry Luxury

My partner and I just got back from our first backpacking trip of the season! Our pack weight differed by a full ten pounds, mostly because he loves to bring things I consider luxuries. What's your favorite gear to spoil yourself in the backcountry? 

My favorite luxury is our tent light string!My favorite luxury is our tent light string!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
5 Replies

I love to bring my lightweight camp chair! After a long hike it’s so nice to have a comfy place to sit. (Rocks and logs can be a bit uncomfortable. LOL)

A kindle paperwhite. I like to be at camp around 3/4PM so good to relax with a nice book after making camp. Makes me nervous to bring electronics but has fared well so far.

Very nice @TravelKate! I’m the same with camp set-up, but don’t always bring whatever book I’m reading depending on how heavy it is, maybe it’s time to make the digital upgrade!

0 Likes

Camp chair for me, too. I just bought the Helinox Chair Zero for backpacking and kayak-camping trips. 

0 Likes

Camp chair for me! I have one with foam and strong stays that can fold in half for thicker padding, but unclip to extend a 3/4 sleeping pad.

0 Likes