cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Any ideas on how to find a replacement tent pole for an REI Co-op Roadster tent?

I am looking for a replacement tent pole for my REI Roadster one person tent.  Discontinued tent.   I have misplaced the pole that goes with this tent.  

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi @Llamaboy. How old is your tent? I don't recognize the style name. 

I think it may be easier to repair a pole versus creating a new one. Does the tent have more than 1 pole and maybe the other pole can be replicated? You may have 2 options:

-You can reach out to Tent Pole Technologies - we have worked with them for many years for tent pole repair and replacement.

-Some REI stores carry parts to repair poles. Give your local store a call and see if they have that service. 

I hope for a speedy repair! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Those are DAC poles 8.8 https://www.dacpole.com/tent-poles

Technical specs

Backpacking
1-person
3 lbs. 3 oz.
6 x 20 inches
82 x 32 inches
15.5 square feet
6 square feet
36 inches
1 door
Aluminum DAC Featherlite
8.8 millimeters
Nylon ripstop
Coated nylon taffeta
Coated polyester
No
Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

@Llamaboy 

The REI Co-op Roadster was an awesome tent! I'm stoked to hear that you're still putting it into service. We're sorry that you've misplaced the pole! With the details that @Gary2  provided, Tent Pole Technologies should be able to replicate the pole for you. As @REI-JennyA suggested they are great at repairing tent poles, but also can build an entire new pole from scratch. I also wanted to call out to your attention the REI Co-op Flash Air Tent, that is a distant cousin to the Roadster. It's kind of cool to see how tent technology has evolved!

Hope this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.