cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Any ideas on how to find a replacement tent pole for an REI Co-op Roadster tent?

I am looking for a replacement tent pole for my REI Roadster one person tent.  Discontinued tent.   I have misplaced the pole that goes with this tent.  

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi @Llamaboy. How old is your tent? I don't recognize the style name. 

I think it may be easier to repair a pole versus creating a new one. Does the tent have more than 1 pole and maybe the other pole can be replicated? You may have 2 options:

-You can reach out to Tent Pole Technologies - we have worked with them for many years for tent pole repair and replacement.

-Some REI stores carry parts to repair poles. Give your local store a call and see if they have that service. 

I hope for a speedy repair! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Those are DAC poles 8.8 https://www.dacpole.com/tent-poles

Technical specs

Backpacking
1-person
3 lbs. 3 oz.
6 x 20 inches
82 x 32 inches
15.5 square feet
6 square feet
36 inches
1 door
Aluminum DAC Featherlite
8.8 millimeters
Nylon ripstop
Coated nylon taffeta
Coated polyester
No
0 Likes

@Llamaboy 

The REI Co-op Roadster was an awesome tent! I'm stoked to hear that you're still putting it into service. We're sorry that you've misplaced the pole! With the details that @Gary2  provided, Tent Pole Technologies should be able to replicate the pole for you. As @REI-JennyA suggested they are great at repairing tent poles, but also can build an entire new pole from scratch. I also wanted to call out to your attention the REI Co-op Flash Air Tent, that is a distant cousin to the Roadster. It's kind of cool to see how tent technology has evolved!

Hope this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.