cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: After hike rituals and rewards

After backpacking trips, my partners and I love to grab a meal in whatever local town is around. Our favorite is Brunch in Louisville. I also REALLY love having something to look forward to when I get back to the car. Candy, an "iced" tea (melted or not as cold by now, depending on the temp and trip length), a change of clothes for sure. 

What are your rituals and rewards?

- I'm the best at being me when I'm outside
Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
31 Replies

Talenti Blackberry Chocolate Sorbet, or the standby of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia.

Ice cream is my fav as well - usually a local place if applicable 🙂

Awesome topic here, enjoyed reading all the responses!  For me, I always try to have some ice cold beers (Coors Banquet) waiting for me in my truck, along with some comfortable chairs for me and my hiking buddies.  I cherish this time to talk about the trail....what went as planned, what we failed on miserably (this is the most fun topic), and what we want out of our next trip.  This is also a good opportunity to spark conversation with strangers at the trail head!

Also, definitely can relate to finding the closest local restaurant around.  A classic breakfast scramble with a side of biscuits and gravy always eases the trail pains away.

A clean shirt and Chacos.  Also a craft brew whilst sitting on my tailgate.  

@Bonfire  -  is that Louisville, KY or CO, or another one?

Louisville, KY, but some of my favorite hikes ARE in CO. 🙂

Definitely hot tub with drinks ...:) 

I put a carabiner clip on a cargo ring in the back of my SUV. My favorite way to end a warm-weather hike is to clip the dog's leash to the carabiner, give her a bowl of water, then sit on the tailgate with my boots off & drink a cold beer that's been waiting for me in a cooler in the car. After 15 minutes I feel I could do the hike all over again.

92997433.pngThe BottleKeeper is a great product for those that want to discreetly enjoy an adult beverage in places where they are not allowed, such as all the local, state and national parks where I hike. It looks like a water bottle but actually holds a bottle of beer via the false bottom in the bottle.

0 Likes

I don't mess with laws or law keeping, so I just use the bottle. I am the SON OF MAAAN!!! 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpZBiN_w1os

We need more men like this. This "judge" walked out of the courtroom after being brought to shame!!
0 Likes

"I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world."

Alt Whitman

0 Likes