cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Advice on how to use a tensioner, two-hole

Hey all. I have an REI quarter dome 1, and the guylines have 2-hole tensioners. I can’t find any videos that show how to use this type. Can anyone help? Thanks. 

0 Likes
4 Replies

@BethinBaltimore Seems like they are like "linelocs"

Here is a YouTube set up for QD 1.  He doesn't do a very good job of guying out the fly but you get the idea.  At 9min and 10s he shows adjusting a lineloc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFzqZIUvewI

Completely redesigned, the REI Co-op Quarter Dome 1 ultralight tent pairs new architecture with rugged, lightweight materials, resulting in a 1-person backpa...
0 Likes

Thank you. I actually meant the extra lines that the tent comes with, in addition to the stakes, for securing the tent on a windy day. A few feet of cord with a tensioner on one end, sorry if I didn’t explain it well. I did figure it out, eventually.

0 Likes

No worries.  Glad you were able to figure it out.

0 Likes

Hi @BethinBaltimore .  I really don't have any advice on your question, especially since you have already figured it out.  I just wanted to welcome you to the community.  It's nice to see someone else from Maryland.  Welcome!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes