cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Membership now as great as the outdoors!
Already a member? Take a look at the Co-op Members section of the community.
Ready to join? Explore all of the benefits here.

Zero Drop Shoe Width -- Mens

Hi.   I need a new pair of zero drop shoes for fitness walking on sidewalks.  I have had them before so I know they are all quite wide.  I am wondering if anyone has an idea of which brand or model is the least wide -- which are the narrowest?

Thanks!

1 Reply

Hi @savant,

You're right in that zero-drop shoes can often be wider than shoes with more traditional heel-to-toe drops. 

To help customers better gauge toebox width, Altra recently re-catagorized its footwear offerings into three width categories: "Original Footshape," "Standard Footshape," and "Slim Footshape." Altra offers two shoes in the "Slim Footshape" category: the Vanish Carbon, a highly-responsive running shoe with a carbon plate, and the Rivera 2, which is a mid-cushion running and walking shoe sold online on REI.com and at many of our retail stores. The Rivera might be a good option for fitness walking.

The Lems Mesa Carbon is another shoe with a more narrow fit. REI only carries this shoe in men's sizes, but it is available direct through Lems in women's sizes. 

Hope this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes