cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

YETI Tundra 45 and 65 coolers unexpectedly unavailable during Anniversary sale

I've been keeping an eye on the YETI Tundra 45 cooler on your website for the last week getting ready to purchase during the sale that started today. I even read the terms of the member coupon in advance to confirm that YETI products are not excluded. When I logged on today on the first day of the sale, I found the YETI Tundra 45 and 65 coolers suddenly missing from the website. It says product no longer available for both.

Were they pulled purposely during the sale? If they're unavailable because of low stock, how can I raincheck my 20% off member coupon to apply it when they're back in stock?

0 Likes
6 Replies

@nathalieoutside 

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, we have sold out of the YETI Tundra 45 and 65 coolers at this time. While we are hoping to see more stock soon, however, that timeline could be variable based on shipping and processing delays. As we do not have the ability to alert you when we are back in stock, your best bet is to keep your eye on REI.com in the coming week to see when they are available for purchase.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hello,

My question is the same as nathalieoutside. I also waited till the anniversary sale to buy a Yeti cooler for Father's Day, and it's over a week before the sale ends and you're unexpectedly sold out of these coolers. I would expect that you could offer a rain check for the same price when they are restocked, which is what most large stores would do. You did not answer nathalieoutside's direct question about a rain check. Is that something REI is willing to do for their members?

Thank you.

0 Likes

@jeanso 

I apologize that I missed that part of @nathalieoutside's question, thanks for the head's up! We do not offer rain checks on items that are out of stock. At this time, REI continues to see a higher than usual increase in customer demand for gear, particularly in some of our most popular items, like the Yeti Tundra coolers. We are engaging our vendor partners to increase product orders wherever we can, however, there are times, such as now, when we will temporarily sell out. We apologize for the inconvenience.

As I stated in my response to @nathalieoutside, we encourage you to keep your eye on REI.com to see when they come available to purchase.

0 Likes

It is mysterious that the coolers in question were readily available and in stores the days leading up to the sale.  I to was waiting to buy a Tundra 65 for our sailboat.  I’ll be checking the website to see if it reappears the day after the sale ends.  I’ve been a member for over 40 years, I was an invitee to the flagship store in Seattle.  I have been becoming more and more disappointed with rei.  The days of receiving the members only 20% off discount the same day we all received our dividend coupons is gone.  Also gone are the days that there were ZERO restrictions (except in the bike department for non Novara bicycles) when using the dividend 20% off coupon.  The days of actual expert employees is long gone.  The days of true top end skis and boots are long gone.  Proper boot fitters are gone.  Really, rei is just turning into what Eddie Bauer turned into, at some point I won’t be surprised if rei sells nothing but clothing and shoes.  Mr. and Mrs. Anderson must be rolling in their graves.

If the coolers turn back up after the sale ends I will be appalled.  Why not just be honest and put them on the ever growing exclusions list?

Very sad.  The day that ‘flagship store’ opened rei started to die.

0 Likes

@nathalieoutside @jeanso @Inraincity 

We wanted to circle back with you as we just noticed there are currently Yeti Tundra 45 coolers available to purchase on REI.com. Unfortunately, quantities are very limited so you will want to act quickly as demand continues to be high for this item.

Thanks!

0 Likes

@nathalieoutside @Inraincity @jeanso 

We wanted to quickly check in with you to let you know that we currently have Yeti Tundra 65 coolers in stock and available to purchase. Again, quantities are limited, so you will want to decide soon if this is an item you would like to buy.

Thanks!

0 Likes