cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

XLG Climbing Helmet

I have been searching all afternoon but cannot find an X-large climbing helmet for my upcoming climb. My head is 62 cm diameter, and I need to be able to wear a cap underneath it, so I am looking for a climbing helmet that will extend to 65 cm. Do you have anything?

Sincerely, KP

2 Replies

I should also mention that I purchased the M/L Half Dome helmet which barely fits my head and will not allow any cap to fit underneath.

0 Likes

@texaspetersons Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately the manufacturers that we carry do not make a helmet bigger than 63 cm (Black Diamond Vector). I did some sleuthing and this thread on Mountain Project might get you moving in the right direction. Apparently Grivel has stopped making its Salamander XL helmet, which was the go-to climbing helmet for folks with bigger noggins. I hope this helps get you what you need! Good luck on your upcoming climb!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes