cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Women's Oboz Backpacking Boots

I'm looking to buy the Oboz Bridger Mid BDry Hiking boots for some shorter backpacking trips next year. Something like the TCT or a 3 day stretch of the PCT. I also love to go day hiking so I'm looking for a boot that can handle both well, and these seem to be the only boots that are comfortable in store for me when trying on boots. Would these work well for backpacking even though they're labeled as hiking boots and not backpacking?

0 Likes
1 Reply

@Former community member, thanks so much for reaching out! 

The Oboz Bridger Mid BDry hiking boots have a thermoplastic urethane forefoot plate/nylon shank which would provide great torsional rigidity. This is the technical way of saying that a boot with a high torsional rigidity will twist less when going over uneven terrain and therefore provide greater stability. Often times, “hiking” boots will work for backpacking, so long as you take things like pack weight, distance, and fit into consideration. It sounds like you’ve already tried these boots on and they feel good, so this is likely a good choice for your 3-day hike on the PCT! 

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes