cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Will you be carrying the Nemo Tensor Sleeping Pad soon?

When will you have the Nemo Tensor in a Regular Wide available?  Nemo now has it on their site but I would prefer to buy it from REI.  Thank you.

0 Likes
4 Replies

@armandorod Thanks for reaching out!

It does not look like we have any stock of the NEMO Tensor Sleeping pad, in regular wide, on order at this time. We do have a few of the NEMO Tensor Insulated Sleeping pad, in regular wide, in stock with more scheduled to arrive in the next few weeks. Depending on your preferences it might be a good alternative. For a 3 oz weight penalty, you can bump the warm weather performance of the Tensor to an all-season sleeping pad with the insulated version.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thank you for the prompt response.

My concern with the insulated pad is that I do mostly warm weather bike touring and I'm concerned about the insulted pad being too warm.  Do you have an opinion on how much warmer it would be in temperatures around 75-80 degrees?  The lowest temps I anticipate are 45 or so.

0 Likes

@armandorod 

You're welcome and great question!

The Tensor Insulated Pad uses an aluminized film to reflect your body heat and prevent heat loss on cold nights. Personally, I have used both insulated and non-insulated sleeping pads in all seasons and have not noticed a difference in warm temperatures. Most of my experience is in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska, however, where it is rarely warmer than 75° F at night. As such, much of the performance will depend on conditions around you and how you tend to run (cold or hot). Additionally, I tend to run very warm and I regulate my temperature by opening up my sleeping bag (or not using one at all if it is warm enough). If I am sleeping in conditions that are hot enough to make me uncomfortable, I find that removing the sleeping bag from underneath me and sleeping directly on the sleeping pad helps keep me cool, even with an insulated sleeping pad. 

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Good to know. Thank you.

0 Likes