cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Will REI Stores open on March 27th?

Hi,

Wanted to check and see if you guys are opening on the 27th? 

thanks,

Arvin

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Ara Great question.

If you had a rental reservation during our closure you should receive a refund. If we are able to open stores again on the 28th you should be able to rent the items you need at that time. However, it may be prudent to purchase the items for your trip in advance that way you are prepared if the situation changes.

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
5 Replies

@Ara,

As you can imagine, everything is rapidly evolving and our plan, as of now, is to reopen our stores on March 28. With that said, we will continue to evaluate the situation around the country and keep our members and employees updated as quickly as possible if things change.

Thanks!

0 Likes

@Ara 

We wanted to clarify that our stores are closed through March 27th, our original plan and hope is to open stores on the 28th. This situation is dynamic and we are evaluating all options at this time. We will communicate with any updates as soon as we have them.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Thanks John. I had paid for a rental reservation scheduled for last weekend. Do you think I will be able to move the rental dates if you open on the 28th? If not I have to purchase those items to be prepared for my trip on sunday.

thanks again.

0 Likes

@Ara Great question.

If you had a rental reservation during our closure you should receive a refund. If we are able to open stores again on the 28th you should be able to rent the items you need at that time. However, it may be prudent to purchase the items for your trip in advance that way you are prepared if the situation changes.

Hope this helps!

@Ara,

We wanted to update you that REI has made the difficult decision to extend our store closures until further notice. You can read more here and find answers to other frequently asked questions here. We thank you in advance for your patience and flexibility during these unprecedented times.

0 Likes