cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Will REI stores be reopening on March 28th in Illinois?

The governor of Illinois issued a "stay at home order" from March 21 through April 7, and only "essential businesses" are allowed to remain open during this time. Will REI in Illinois still be reopening its doors on March 28 as planned, or will you be following government orders per state?

Like many others have expressed concern over, I have a very high-value item that I need to return sooner than later to avoid owing interest on my credit cards, and returned on March 28 vs April 8 will make a big difference to me financially during this crisis. 

The REI customer service agent I spoke to today said that all stores will reopen on March 28 as far as she's been told. Can you please confirm this? The agent said that mail-in returns are backed up by at least three weeks right now, and she said there's no way to know at the moment when I would actually be refunded.

0 Likes
2 Replies

@delilahsmom as you can imagine, the situation is very dynamic and things are changing moment to moment all across the country. Our leadership team is constantly monitoring all local announcements and responding accordingly. At this moment, we are still planning to reopen store on March 28th, however there is always a chance that some or all of our stores will be delayed in opening beyond that date. We apologize that we cannot give a more concrete answer at this time and will provide updates as soon as we have them.

Regarding your return, our teams are working as quickly as possible to process all of the returns we have already received through the mail, however because the volume of these returns is higher than normal, there is the possibility of a delay in our processing time. We will continue to work as quickly as possible through this unprecedented time.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@delilahsmom,

We wanted to update you that REI has made the difficult decision to extend our store closures until further notice. You can read more here and find answers to other frequently asked questions here. We thank you in advance for your patience and flexibility during these unprecedented times.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes