cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Will REI ever carry the Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station?

After doing some research, I am finding the Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station is one of the most compact units out there with some of the best features, and  efficient solar charging capability. Do you know if REI plans to ever carry this model (or any models in the Jackery line)?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi @onetree - Thanks for bringing another suggestion to the community! Our buyer team is always looking for what new products and brands would be a great fit for REI, so we really appreciate this kind of information. At this time, REI does not have plans to carry items from the Jackery line, but we always appreciate hearing what our customer are looking for. What kind of activities are you planning to do that are fueled by a portable power station?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

The opportunity to communicate with you and be heard here is much appreciated.

I have been dreaming about one day being able to surf 3-4 times a week again. A 1000-1300Wh quiet, portable, power supply with will be enough for my partner and I to telecommute while living 3-4 days a week in a small camper (parked at rest stops) along the coastline.

A 5G network phone with wi-fi tethering and 4G backwards compatibility will likely use a USB-C, Apple Lightning, or some sort of proprietary USB-A compatible power plug. In addition, I am finding some of the most common low-watt LED lighting solutions (like the REVEL GEAR Trail Hound) also use a USB-A plug. For these reasons, I am looking for a power source with multiple sockets that meet these specs. The 120V sockets give us more options too. Charging via solar or the truck's 12V cig lighter is a plus. 

The Yeti Goal Zero 1500X that REI carries meets these specs, but after reading the 8 reviews (3 giving it a 1 star rating), I don't think it is worth risking the $1999.95 price. I say this also because models with similar features but better charging technology, like the EcoFlow DELTA 1300, have 77 independent ratings giving it 4.9 out of 5 stars.

@onetree - Absolutely love hearing about these goals and plans. Years ago I also worked remotely, though based at climbing crags instead of surf breaks. It is astounding to watch the advances in technology make these kind of dreams more and more feasible. It was definitely possible a few years back, but reliability and ease of use has surged since then. Looks like you've done your research and will end up with a system that is dialed for what you and your partner are looking for. Keep us updated on progress with the big dream!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.