cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Will a black hydration vest be hot on a sunny day?

Will a BLACK Hydration Vest be HOT on a sunny day??  I am looking at the Salomon ADV Skin 12, but it is only available in Black (Men's Large)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Randy

Great question! Dark colors, particularly black, do have a tendency to absorb more heat than lighter colors. However, most of these hydration vests are made of moisture-wicking materials that are very breathable and are designed to keep you cooler regardless of fabric color. Personally, if I were to run a race in the desert, I would likely opt for a lighter color vest, but that is probably more psychological for me than an actual performance difference.

Thanks and have a great day!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
1 Reply

@Randy

Great question! Dark colors, particularly black, do have a tendency to absorb more heat than lighter colors. However, most of these hydration vests are made of moisture-wicking materials that are very breathable and are designed to keep you cooler regardless of fabric color. Personally, if I were to run a race in the desert, I would likely opt for a lighter color vest, but that is probably more psychological for me than an actual performance difference.

Thanks and have a great day!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.