cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Why is REI not accepting curbside returns/ exchanges?

Most state's are opening back up and REI is offering curbside pickup and even bike shop maintenance but will not accept any returns/ exchanges. How am I allowed to take my bike into a store to be worked on but I cant return my shoes?

0 Likes
6 Replies

@Steven970 thanks for the question! As you mentioned, we have just recently launched both curbside pick-up and contactless shop services in select stores, and are currently working to ramp these services up across the country. There is additional complexity to curbside returns so while we are not yet able to accept returns curbside, we are aware of this customer need and are working on solutions. In the interim, if you are interested in returning your shoes through the mail, you can now print a return label from home; you can also connect with our Customer Support team at 1-800-426-4840 to discuss your specific return situation.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@REI-JenK The unique situation I have is I bought the shoes on sale, with a gift car, and with my dividend. So, there is almost no way to return them without loosing money. The only way I break even is with an exchange, but there is no solid REI exchange service (only returns) by mail. I would love the ability to exchange goods I purchased at a store but I understand how this is the least desirable feature for REI corporate to roll out as returns and exchanges don't make them any money. 

0 Likes

@Steven970 although your dividend and gift card will be refunded as checks to deposit in your bank account, it's important to know that they will be refunded to you in full. In addition, the balance of the sale price you paid plus any applicable tax will be refunded in full to your original method of purchase (debit card, credit card).

Because you used multiple methods of tender, it might be really helpful to chat with our Customer Support team (1-800-426-4840) to more fully discuss your situation and problem solve with our team!

0 Likes

@REI-JenK  Please do more work to "ramp-up" opening your stores.

@dylan3492 please know that we have now seen each request you have made on this topic and will share updates when we have them.

0 Likes

@REI-JenK  Thanks for your response! I feel it is my duty as an REI co-op member to put as much pressure as possible on the staff regarding this issue. I am concerned about company profits and my dividend and will continue to voice my concern and boycott until necessary changes are made.

0 Likes