cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Why are out of stock items still visible online?

Is there any way to get REI to delete items off your website when they are no longer available? Several times I have seen an item online and spent a lot of time researching, reading about it on your website only to find out it is no longer available when I add it to my cart. It's extremely frustrating and time consuming.

0 Likes
3 Replies

@jlfreitas Thanks for reaching out!

We're sorry you are having a negative experience on REI.com. If at all possible, could you pass along which specific products you are experiencing this with? As we loop in our online team, it will be beneficial to be able to give them specific issues to resolve.

Thank you for being a customer! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I had a similar issue with item #1332320005 yesterday, except even more frustrating: You can add it to the shopping cart, but then when you go to check out, it says, "The following products are no longer available and will be removed from your order". More than 24 hours later, it still shows up as "Low inventory! Order soon." on the website but still gives the same "no longer available" when you actually attempt to order it.

0 Likes

@norrab11 

Thank you for reaching out and we are sorry that you are having this experience. We have connected with our digital team and this item has be removed from the website (we just checked and confirmed this). We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about this issue so we could follow up and fix it.

Thank you for providing your feedback and for being a customer of REI.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes