cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Who develops REI-branded gear?

I love REI brand gear.  One of my favorites is the Passage 1 tent.  While it's a great tent, I've started to experiment with a DIY hammock for winter camping.  Is there a department at REI that works to develop new gear?

5 Replies

@JoeW Thanks for reaching out and thanks for sharing your love for our gear!

We do have a department of folks who bring to life the REI Co-op gear and apparel we know and love. We also have a quarterly 'pitchfest' for presenting your ideas to REI. If you have an idea you'd like to share please check out the REI Co-op Innovator page for more information.

Hope this helps and best of luck with your idea!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Awesome, thanks, John!  I'll definitely check out the Innovator page.

0 Likes

I just checked out the innovator page and presently it is under construction.  I figured I would post here an idea I had not necessarily for a new products, rather for products I think REI should consider carrying.

There are many drink vessels that REI carries, however, I have yet to see one for loose leaf tea.  How about it?!

Also, this winter I was also looking for hot travel tumblers for kids. I only came across (at REI) drinking vessels that that had straws, or ones that were plastic but none that were suitable for drinking hot chocolate out of.

0 Likes

Hi @pensamientos - Thanks for reaching out with this thoughtful feedback!

We are going to forward your suggestions of loose-leaf tea infusers and kid-specific hot drink tumblers along to our product team.

While many of us are seeing warmer weather now, if you are still on the lookout for a good solution for kid-sized vessels for hot drinks, the 12oz HydroFlask Coffee is a good option. This version is the same size as Hydroflask's Kid's Wide-Mouth Water Bottle, but has a lid meant for hot beverages rather than a straw.

Thanks for being a co-op member and for the taking the time to share this suggestion!

0 Likes

@JoeW @pensamientos 

We have great news, the REI Greenlight (formerly 'Innovator') program has re-launched! You can find all the information about submitting a product for consideration at REI at the Greenlight site, here. We appreciate your patience as we worked to get this program up and running again. Feel free to check it out!

Thanks!

0 Likes