cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

When will REI stores open for returns?

When will stores be open for returns?

0 Likes
8 Replies

@ClemBalanoff thanks for the question! We are starting to reopen our stores with a phased approach across the country, so our answer will depend a bit on which store you tend to shop. Your best source of information on your local's store status and available services will be the local REI store page.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@ClemBalanoffI have been asking this for weeks and there is no hope for any information here Im afraid. 

@REI-JenKThe local store page said the Denver area stores were going to consider opening this week, They have now taken this statement down and calling around no one knows when they are going to be allowed to open. Can you please just provide an answer to this question? Instead of "check the local REI store page" because there is no information there.

0 Likes

@Steven970 our local store pages will reflect the most up-to-date information about a store's current service levels - whether they are open, at that time, for in-store shopping or offering curbside pickup and/or zero-contact bike services. Although we recognize it's frustrating not knowing exactly when your local store is going to reopen, we continue to experience volatility in many places across the country and committing to specific dates also creates significant frustration. With that said, the Fort Collins, Boulder, and Colorado Springs stores reopened today for in-store shopping, and we anticipate opening additional CO area stores over the next week!

0 Likes

Just spoke to a representative at the REI Oakbrook, IL store and that very happy and upbeat person indicated that they are waiting for direction from REI Corporate for a store opening date.  Can't wait!

@mmdauw in case you hadn't seen, our Oakbrook Terrace REI store has reopened for in-store shopping and returns. If you head in, we are operating our stores differently and you can read about some of the changes you can expect in our FAQs

0 Likes

@Steven970 in case you hadn't seen our Denver REI store has reopened for in-store shopping and returns. If you choose to head in, we are operating our stores differently and you can read about some of the changes you can expect in our FAQs.

0 Likes

I just came back from the Paradise Valley location in Phoenix, AZ. I suggest going early since they allow only a certain number at a time in the store, so you have to wait in line outside. They have gloves, mask, sanitizer, tissues in the front so you’re covered there. The shopping experience is the same. I’d say have patience, there usually a line at cash wrap coz the cashier has to wipe down the whole area before the next customer. I saw people snap and complain at the cashiers. They’re only doing there job and making it a safe environment for everyone. Happy that they’re opening. Just my 2¢. 

0 Likes

@Randeerod thanks so much for looping back and letting us know about your experience in PV!

0 Likes