cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: What should I do if my bike has failed?

A bike I purchased from REI a while back recently failed on me.  By that I mean the actual frame that holds on the back derailleur actually snapped off while i was in a low gear climbing a steep.  There's no way to repair this it's the actual frame that just broke so it is more of a manufacture's issue.

Long story short b/c of this failure i have to get an entirely new bike.

I obviously wish i didn't have to do that so i'd like to bring up this failure to see if i can get some kind of help in making me whole again with a bike that i can ride.

I know REI has a really good track record with customer satisfaction and returns so I'm starting here but if I need to just go straight to the manufacture I understand.  Just seeing what you thought.  

Thanks,

I want to keep riding my bike especially during all this extra time we have during the Covid pandemic.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Re: What should I do if my bike has failed?

@getoutside at REI, the safety and integrity of our products is our highest priority. If you believe that a product sold by REI has a condition or defect that might make it unsafe, we want to hear from you immediately. Please fill out this online form, which will be routed to the appropriate team for follow-up.

If you are interested in purchasing a new bike, we can certainly help here in the community, or you can set up a virtual outfitting appointment with one of our knowledgeable employees at a time that's convenient for you!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes